Make your Passion Your Work
Join our team of value oriented artisans who create herbal extracts of the highest quality.
Job Opening: Production Technician Assistant
The production lab technician (lab tech) works with the production manager to support Heron Botanicals’ manufacturing process. This position involves assisting with every stage of production from raw herb to finished product.
Daily tasks include:
- Cleaning and prepping fresh herbs (garbling)
- Assessing raw herbs for quality
- Identifying plants to species level
- Mixing menstruum according to set formulas
- Pressing finished tinctures and glycerites
- Packaging and labeling
- Maintaining a clean, sanitized workspace
- High school diploma required
- College experience in a related field preferred (herbal sciences, biology, ecology, botany, or other)
- Highly meticulous and detail-oriented
- Good communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions and comply with regulations
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Comfort with hand tools and machinery (training will be provided)
- Plant identification skills and familiarity with Latin binomials
- Basic mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages)
- Excellent cleanliness
- Ability to regularly and safely climb, lift and move 40+ lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to sustain working in inclement weather conditions (with appropriate clothing) during occasional outdoor processing or garbling
- Comfort with exposure to strong herbal aromatics
3-4 days/week, Tuesday-Friday. As we mostly work with fresh plants, commitment is required from April-November, with some flexibility.
- Pay range: $18+/hr, DOE
- Healthcare: Medical and dental insurance per company policy
- Paid leave: vacation, sick leave and holiday pay per company policy
- Option to participate in Simple IRA program
- Employee discounts
Heron Botanicals is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity/national origin, sex or gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com